All Kings Contrivance Village residents 18 years or older are eligible to seek election (exceptions are residents notified that they are not in compliance with the covenants). The primary responsibility of a village board member is that of advocate. Board members attend board meetings twice a month, board orientation meetings, special events hosted by the village, and Columbia and County meetings from time to time. A board member supports the community of residents in the following ways:
- Oversees the village budget in a responsible way
- Hires, evaluates, and sets direction of the village manager
- Participates in board goal setting
- Develops policies in the following areas: Committees; covenants; communications; finances; facilities; programs & staff.
- Appoints committee members and oversees their effectiveness
- Recommends placement of village amenities (paths, tot lots, etc.).
- Sits as member of The Architectural Committee, hearing appeals of RAC decisions.
- Develops testimony to be presented to other governmental bodies
- Negotiates and complies with Management Contract between the village and CA
- Ensures CA’s tax exempt status and terms of its bond indentures are not jeopardized.
- Serves a two-year term
- Maintains his/her property in compliance with the covenants
- Receives no compensation
RAC (Resident Architectural Committee)
All Kings Contrivance Village residents 18 years or older whose properties are in compliance with the covenants are eligible to be appointed to the Resident Architectural Committee (RAC). Members of the RAC are appointed by the Village Board each September. RAC meetings are usually held twice each month. RAC members review exterior alteration applications by visiting properties that have submitted applications. The RAC members vote whether the proposed alteration(s) is in accordance with the village covenants and makes a recommendation to the Architectural Committee (AC). Applications can be approved, approved with provisions/exceptions, or denied. While the AC is not bound to accept the RAC recommendation, the AC generally follows the RAC’s recommendation.
Any member of the village eligible to vote in the election and not a candidate for any office in the election is eligible for membership to the Election Committee. The Election Committee is responsible for the proper conduct of the annual elections to include validating nomination petitions, officiating candidates’ night (in the event of a race), and issuing, receiving and accounting all ballots. The Village Board appoints the members to the committee every year. Please contact the village manager is you are interested in serving on this committee.
Click here to visit the Kings Contrivance Environmental Committee page.
Thank You Crab Feast for all of our Volunteers